There are many volunteering opportunities available, depending on the type of role that you are looking for or the experience that you can bring to our team.
As we extend our services we are constantly creating new roles for volunteers.
There are many reasons why people become a volunteer, it may be to gain work experience, to give something back to the community or to meet new people and have fun!
Whatever your reasons or your availability if you are interested and would like more information please get in touch. Current vacancies can be found on our ‘Job and Volunteering Opportunities’ page
As a Staffordshire Sight Loss Volunteer you will:
- Receive any necessary training.
- Receive on-going support.
- Be made aware of all our Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Be reimbursed out of pocket expenses in accordance with expenses policy.
What we require:
- Volunteers to be professional at all times.
- To be reliable and committed to the role.
- To comply with our Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
Our recruitment process:
- An informal interview.
- Application Form (including 2 suitable referees).
- DBS check.
- SSLA Induction Training, Visual Impairment Awareness Training, in addition to any other training which is specific to the role.
Get in touch for an informal chat and to receive our volunteer application form which we can assist with if needed.