We are a community-led charity; delivering services that our community wants and needs is at the heart of what we do. To this end, before forming, we spent many months in 2017 out in the community, listening to people, and gathering views and ideas. 100% of the people that we spoke to felt that there was a need for more face to face services locally and so we set up Staffordshire Sight Loss Association at the end of that year.
You told us that you wanted:
- Easily accessible face to face services that are delivered out in the local community at accessible venues rather than in one central location in North Staffordshire.
- Opportunities to meet other people with shared experiences
- Opportunities to try new activities and to gain new experiences
- Opportunities to find out about and to try daily living equipment before purchase
- Up to date information and advice about technology along with demonstrations
- Information and advice that includes local knowledge about services and events.
- Help with forms and applications
We have worked hard over the last 2 years to bring you services that fulfil these needs but our engagement with the community did not stop when we set the charity up; it is ongoing. We are always developing and we are always interested to find out how we can improve and what we can do as an organisation that would be useful for you.
This is why we may ask you for feedback after you have received a service but if you have something to say don’t wait to be asked, contact us at any time if you would like to share your views and ideas or why not come along to one of our Steering groups.